Performing regular network vulnerability scans is an important step to maintaining effective security. The scans are intended to not only check for vulnerabilities internally, but externally as well.
Every device and computer attached to the network will undergo the vulnerability scan.
How frequently should scans be conducted?
According to MSP insights, depending on the type of business you have and how many workers will determine the frequency in which your business should perform these scans.
- Smaller organizations may only need an annual scan.
- Most businesses, a quarterly scan is considered best practice.
- In many regulated industries or organizations that collect, use or store sensitive data, a monthly or weekly scan may be necessary.
Cynet offers security and IT operation tools to help businesses improve their overall security. The program is called Cynet Protector, which provides several prevention and detection capabilities.
What do security and IT operations tools do?
- Vulnerability management—collects host vulnerabilities and advanced system information and displays these to the user as actionable forensic indicators
- Asset inventory—review and manage connected assets
- IT hygiene—collect and monitor advanced system information, and display these to the user as actionable forensic indicators
For more information on how we can help you maintain healthy security habits, please give us a call today.